Welcome to The Ascension Group! Our specialty is ascending the protection level of all the families we work with. With over 17 years of experience in this industry we work hard to find the right plan or policy for you and your family.
What is a Life Insurance Retirement Plan?
A Life Insurance Retirement Plan is a basic financial planning tool that accomplishes multiple goals and also provides multiple benefits. The LIRP allows you to contribute to your plan usually tied to an index such as the S&P 500 and enjoy market returns. Most plans also allow a protective "Floor" to where you cannot lose any principle due to market downturns. People generally appreciate having some of their funds being protected considering they may be participating in a 401k or other brokerage account completely exposed to market downturns.
For most people it is a good idea to own one but each household may use the program differently than the next. Some common benefits for this plan are:
- Financial Security - Your family can receive a death benefit if the primary insured or income earner dies.
- Provides more assets for Retirement - a cash value policy can provide a tax-deferred supplemental retirement income.
- Tax Advantages - you can access your policy's cash value for retirement income and other needs tax free.
- Address Estate Tax Issues
- Paying for College Education
- Become your own Bank - Use the funds to finance Real Estate or Automobile purchases
- Address Long Term care needs - have funds to use for unexpected Long term care or Nursing Home costs
A LIRP is an accumulation and distribution tool that mirrors the benefits of a Roth IRA but with none of the restrictions. If you agree that tax rates will be higher in the future then you should really consider a portion of your assets in a "Third" investment bucket....a TAX-FREE bucket.
Thank you for your interest in Ascension Group - Wealth & Life Insurance. We work closely with our clients to determine the best possible coverage to fit your unique needs and budget. Please feel free to call the office in your area: Dallas - 214.277.9497, Los Angeles - 818.934.1774, or Las Vegas - 214.277.9497or you can send us an email and an insurance professional will reply promptly.